Tuesday, 26 February 2013

I Am Neither A Cook Nor A Chemist...

Well, there you have it, my first deceit!  I am neither a chef, nor a chemist, though I like to consider myself a bit of a culinary alchemist.  Science and food go hand-in-hand whether you are cooking classical French cuisine, modernist molecular gastronomy, or anything in between.

The more that you understand what is happening when you are cooking and eating food, the more polished and interesting your food can be.  This blog is really an exploration of basic food science and classical technique, how it works and can be taken to the most it can be, as well as how modern interpretation and methods is effecting the food market and how these techniques can be used at home.

So there you have it -- one part cook, one part chemist; one great experiment in what food can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.